Cast a fly in one of our 9 dams or any of
the 5 weirs in the river
* Fly Fishing only.
* Flies only, no lures. No barbed hooks, please.
* Fly rods only. children under 12 may use coffee grinders with flies.
* Bring your own gear or hire in Dullstroom.
* 2 fish per COTTAGE per STAY, the rest C.A.R.
* Trout R110.00/kg. Bass R50.00/kg.
* 2 dams are great for float tubes / kick boats
* Pre-arranged tuition available.
* Fishing Conditions are currently challenging due to the drought & erratic
weather conditions, however, the patient fisherman (or woman) is often rewarded.
Trout are extremely weather sensitive fish & a sudden change in temperature or weather will put them off the bite, it may take a 3 - 4 days of consistent weather for them to start biting again.
We promote as natural an environment as possible and do not pellet feed our fish.
September is our favourite time of year for Fly Fishing.
Though conditions are good in winter this is also the trout's spawning season making fishing challenging.
The drought has had an impact on the fishing and water conditions in the Dullstroom area.
NOTE: Stocked waters do not guarantee that you will catch a fish; Nature
has the final say on fishing conditions.
ONLY FLY FISHING is permitted.
Fishing Conditions Record
Early Feb 2018 -
Fishing conditions are challenging but much improved after the lovely rains
March 2018 -
Fishing is significantly more challenging, however the persistent fisherman is often rewarded.
April 2018 -
Waters are Stocked
August 2018 -
Waters are stocked
October 2018 - January 2019 -
Late rains, low rainfall and hot temps are once again influencing the extreme
growth of grass and reeds. Waters are however well stocked and the Trout and Bass are biting!
April 2019 -
Over 120 kg of Rainbow Trout stocked.
August 2019 -
Over 50 kg of Rainbow Trout stocked.
The Bass are spawning, making for easy Bass Fishing.
Seasonal dams are low and haven't been stocked, please reference the recommended fishing map
Waters are stocked, bass are biting, trout are also biting but are tougher to catch. Water levels in dams are low and warm due to late rainfall and high temps.
Explore & Enjoy
* Enjoy our Mini Game Trail. Higher Clearance
vehicle required (not 4x4).
* Walk and explore hidden treasures, from iron
age settlements to waterfalls and streams
* Look out for Zebra, Waterbuck, Springbok & Blesbok; as well as Jackal, brown hyena,
Mountain Reedbuck, Oribi, Serval, Caracal,
duiker, Baboon, Genet and much more ...
* Ride your Mountain bike
Our main dirt road is over 10 km long and
offers a challenging ride. The farm roads are perfect for family rides, or pick one of the
many game trails and go wild.
* Take a dip - you are your dogs are welcome
to swim in the dams or river, provided that
you do not disturb any fishermen or cottages
4 km to the R540 & then you can
Blyde River Canyon
Bourkes Luck Potholes
The Sudwala Caves
The waterfalls of Sabie
Kruger National Park
We are 2 hours from the Phabeni gate,
spend a day in the Park and be home by 7 pm.