Cast a fly in one of our 9 dams or any of
the 5 weirs in the river
* Fly Fishing only in all waters with the exception of Loch Heron (big
dam), where Bass rods & bait casters may be used.
* Flies only, no lures. No barbed hooks, please.
* Fly rods only. children under 12 may use coffee grinders with flies.
* Bring your own gear or hire in Dullstroom.
* 2 fish per COTTAGE per STAY, the rest C.A.R.
* Trout R110.00/kg. Bass R50.00/kg.
* 2 dams are great for float tubes / kick boats
* Pre-arranged tuition available.
* Fishing Conditions are currently challenging due to the drought &
erratic weather conditions, however, the patient fisherman (or woman) is often
Due to the Financial impact of the lockdown on our business we have not been
able to stock all of our waters but have stocked 3 of them at end July 2020 so we can
offer you some fly fishing.
Trout are extremely weather sensitive fish & a sudden change in temperature or weather will put them off the bite, it may take a 3 - 4 days of consistent weather for them to start biting again.
We promote as natural an environment as possible and do not pellet feed our fish.
September is our favourite time of year for Fly Fishing.
Though conditions are good in winter this is also the trout's spawning season making fishing challenging.
The drought has had an impact on the fishing and water conditions in the Dullstroom area.
NOTE: Stocked waters do not guarantee that you will catch a fish; Nature
has the final say on fishing conditions.
ONLY FLY FISHING is permitted.
Fishing Conditions Record
August 2019 -
Over 50 kg of Rainbow Trout stocked.
The Bass are spawning, making for easy Bass Fishing.
Seasonal dams are low and haven't been stocked, please reference the recommended fishing map
Waters are stocked, bass are biting, trout are also biting but are tougher to catch. Water levels in dams are low and warm due to late rainfall and high temps.
Waters are stocked but trout seem to be off the bite due to the heat and the on and off rain. Bass are biting beautifully and give a fantastic fight. Some HUGE Tilapia / Breem have been caught at the upper / seasonal dams near Fish Eagle cottage.
We stocked 3 of our weirs with Rainbow Trout on 21 July 2020!
An additional 70kg of trout stocked! We now offer 6 stocked fishing waters and are hoping for good rain this summer so that we can stock our other dams.
Explore & Enjoy
* Enjoy our Mini Game Trail. Higher Clearance
vehicle required (not 4x4).
* Walk and explore hidden treasures, from iron
age settlements to waterfalls and streams
* Look out for Zebra, Waterbuck, Springbok & Blesbok; as well as Jackal, brown hyena,
Mountain Reedbuck, Oribi, Serval, Caracal,
duiker, Baboon, Genet and much more ...
* Ride your Mountain bike
Our main dirt road is over 10 km long and
offers a challenging ride. The farm roads are perfect for family rides, or pick one of the
many game trails and go wild.
* Take a dip - you are your dogs are welcome
to swim in the dams or river, provided that
you do not disturb any fishermen or cottages
4 km to the R540 & then you can
Blyde River Canyon
Bourkes Luck Potholes
The Sudwala Caves
The waterfalls of Sabie
Kruger National Park
We are 2 hours from the Phabeni gate,
spend a day in the Park and be home by 7 pm.